Tuesday, October 23, 2012

If I were to choose a collective "word of the day" for our group of 11 (9 first time experiencers) I would have to say Heart.There is Not a person whose Heart wasn't Opened, Broken and Changed by what we saw and felt.


At Terre Promise school we saw Hopeful Hearts of children who showed such gratitude for the privilege of education and hope for a better future.

We made 3 water truck stops into the poorest slums of City Soleil each filled with such contrast of Joyful & Grateful Hearts amidst the Unimaginable conditions. As I looked at the expressions on the faces of my team members, experiecing Haiti for the first time, I could recall my first visit in which the emotion was really just indescribable. It was almost as though your eyes & heart are opened in a way that lets you see & feel like never before. It is truly something that can't be explained and must be experienced.

The words from a song come to mind...." Father Break My Heart for What Breaks Yours".... today we truly had the opportunity to be the Hands & Feet of Christ!
                                                                                                                                Michelle 10/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment